Friday, September 4, 2009

Rookie is back in full effect!

So, one of my best friends is back in town for the weekend. His name is Rookie. Well, that's not his real name, but that's the nickname that's stuck. We're gonna party like it's 1909. That means there will be lots of typhoid fever and sloe gin. But I digress. He moved to Delaware back in May and haven't seen him since then, so I'm looking forward to it. This evening, we'll be going to dinner at 5 Spice China Grill (absolutely delicious), then going to Ming's for a little bit of house music and dancing. Also coming into town from KC is our friend LC, so it will be a homecoming event for sure! Rookie is going to try to fly here with a 6-pack of Dog Fish Head IPA, which isn't available in Missouri, so we'll see what happens & if they let him do it. The last time I saw this guy in the airport was our trip back from Vegas in May. I proposed to Monica on the last day, Sunday, and after dinner we went to club Moon and listened to the Hed Kandi DJ's until almost 4AM, then had to jet back to the hotel to catch our flight that left at 630AM IN THE MORNING! They almost didn't let my fiance and Rookie get their boarding passes, let alone through security, as they were still wicked drunk...good times!
Tomorrow, my fiance and I are supposed to be headed to Table Rock lake for a day of boating, dinner, then partying at Ahoy's, followed by breakfast at Cantina Laredo. Her boss is being very gracious and is renting a large 15-person pontoon boat and a condo for all her employees/significant others to stay in. She is such a sweet person and is always committing selfless acts. It will be nice to hang out with all of Monica's co-workers and get to know them a bit better. Many of them I'm already close to, but it's always nice to solidify current bonds and make new ones, you know?
Sunday we'll be back in time to throw a little house party/bbq for Rookie. I'm hoping to get enough people interested for a game of backyard washers, maybe some Pass the Pigs, some poker, drinking and lord knows what else. I guess we'll see.
Anyway, this was just a ramble post as I wasn't busy and had nothing else to do, so I'll leave it at this and get back on here after the weekend and post something of substance!

No comments:

Post a Comment